I just found out that Passport & Plates was nominated for a Liebster Award! What is a Liebster Award? Well, I had no idea either.
Essentially, it’s a way of acknowledging new bloggers by telling them “hey, I like your blog! Keep up the good work.” It’s an internet-only award given to bloggers by other bloggers and serves as a way of discovering other blogs. My job is to answer the questions presented to me and pay it forward to other bloggers. So here we go!
After you receive a nomination and accept taking on the award you then must:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you (Thanks, Voyager!)
- Create a blog post on your site and display the Liebster award logo
- Answer the 11 questions assigned by the blogger who nominated you
- Nominate 11 new bloggers for the Liebster Award
- Give your nominees a list of 11 questions they have to answer to keep the love going
- Notify the nominees
- Post your Liebster award blog post link in the comments column of the blogger who nominated you
1. What 3 words describes you the best?
Inquisitive, bubbly, and sassy
2. Why did you start blogging?
To make money, duh. Kidding. I really love sharing my food and travel adventures with people and wanted a platform to do so publicly.
3. From where does your blogging inspiration come from?
My experiences, definitely! As the saying goes – write what you know.
4. Who is your favorite blogger?
That is such a difficult question since there are so many! Young Adventurous is pretty awesome.
5. How do you keep your content original and interesting?
I certainly hope my content is interesting! I think my writing style is fairly unique in the sense that I write how I think. And of course, my perspective as an Arab and Muslim travel blogger – there aren’t many of us out there!
6. What are the best things about your blog?
It’s so fresh and new that readers get to watch me struggle along the way.
7. What is your favorite social media?
Instagram, hands down! It’s the most inspirational for travel. Have you seen photos of Iceland lately? Now it’s at the top of my bucket list!
8. Which is your dream destination and why?
Iceland! It has such vast and virtually untouched natural landscapes. It seems to have something for everyone.
9. What do you like the most – Mountains or Beaches?
Mountains. Being from Southern California means spending a lot of time near or at the beach. I prefer the breathtaking landscapes that mountains offer.
10. What is the most amazing thing you have ever achieved?
I’ve traveled to over 22 countries and have plenty of travels in the works. I know I’m very fortunate to have the opportunity to travel extensively and want to continue to do so!
11. How can you make a difference to make this world a better place?
If I can change just one person’s perspective about a place or a culture for the better, then I’m a happy camper! One of my favorite quotes is “many little people in many small places undertaking many modest actions can transform the world.”
I nominate (in no particular order and not necessarily related to travel/food)
2. Style Island
3. Defrates Nutrition
4. Wooden Windowsills
5. Let’s Go Thrifting
6. The Rock n Roll Dog
7. Making Life Sweet
8. 20 Dollar Date
9. Kind of Mind
10. Creativ Writer
11. 0110 Atelier
Questions for the nominees
1. What inspired you to start blogging?
2. If you could live in any country in the world, where would it be and why?
3. What is your favorite movie? Why?
4. What books / music are you currently reading / listening to?
5. What’s your favorite quote?
6. What is the best advice someone has ever given you?
7. What is your biggest goal / dream?
8. What impact would you like to have on others?
9. What book or film has had the biggest impact on your life?
10. What is your dream job?
11. Last meal on earth – what would it be?